Welcome to Mid Island Audiology
Your Hearing is Essential
Mid Island Audiology
When you need care for something as important and personal as your hearing, you want to know that you’re in good hands with someone you can trust. Your hearing connects you to the world around you, and the people you love. You deserve to have the absolute highest level of care to get you back to hearing your best. At Mid Island Audiology, we give you the same excellent level of care we would want for ourselves and our own families. We put utmost care into everything we do, including diagnosing hearing loss, recommending solutions, and fitting advanced hearing aids that will make a difference in your life.
Check out our YouTube Channel and Podcast
If you would like to get to know us better before coming in for an appointment, check out our YouTube channel and podcast! We do our best to provide our community with free, educational videos and podcasts so they can learn about their hearing health, and more about our audiologist, Dr. Recher.
Home Hearing Services
Why Choose Mid Island Audiology?
When you come to Mid Island Audiology, you will notice that we do our best to maintain a positive atmosphere. Our patients continue to trust their hearing care to us, and even refer their friends and family, because we take the time to listen to our patients needs and understand what difficulties they are having. Our audiologist, Dr. Recher, is a native to Wantagh and provides all of our patients with a personal, one-on-one experience. Dr. Recher is an expert in hearing health and offers patients a wide range of services to help them experience an improved quality of life through better hearing. From hearing evaluations to counseling for tinnitus, we can help you with any of your hearing needs.
We pride ourselves on going above and beyond what you might expect from a typical healthcare appointment. We truly listen to you and work with you to find solutions for your hearing. Our goal is for you to feel comfortable and confident making decisions about your own hearing. We guide you through the process, but the final decision is yours, as it should be.
What You Can Expect
at Your First Appointment
We take extra care to make sure you feel at ease as soon as you arrive. You will fill out some paperwork to make sure we have all the information we need about your health history and hearing. You won’t wait long before our audiologist will lead you back into his office and go over your case history. He will answer your questions and make sure you’re comfortable before moving on.
- Once you feel comfortable, we will perform a full diagnostic audiological exam so we can understand the scope and cause of your hearing loss. This includes a video otoscope, which lets us display the inside of your ear on a screen so you can look at it with us.
- We will also give you a 3D ear scan so we can look at what’s going on inside your ear.
- Once we’ve completed the testing, we review the results and explain them thoroughly to you. We will go over your treatment options which may include hearing aids.
- If you have tinnitus, Dr. Recher can help you manage your symptoms using personalized sound frequency therapy.
- If we feel that hearing aids would be a good solution for you, we will give you a chance to try a pair on and demo them.